To create a voice, begin by downloading our app and signing up. Please note that building a 3rd party voice is an exclusive feature for our Pro subscribers, so you'll need to upgrade to access this functionality. However, you can still explore and try out our user-generated voices that you find inside our UGC library for free.
If you already have a Pro subscription, then you'll ideally need at least 15 minutes of clean, high-quality audio. For best results, this audio should be mono-channel, 44.1Hz, 16-bit, and in .wav format. The audio should ideally feature a single voice and have as little background noise (including music) as possible. Keep in mind that 5 minutes of audio is required, 15 minutes is recommended, and there is no limitation on the length of the audio you can use.
Steps to create a voice:
- Navigate to the Voice Universe: https://voice.ai/voice-universe.
- Click the ‘Upload Voice’ tab.
- Click the purple plus labeled ‘Add yours’.
- Add a name for the voice, the language of the audio source, a category, an avatar, and any relevant tags. Additionally, select if you’d like this voice to be public or private.
- Private voices are only usable by you while public voices are available to all users.
- Once that data is entered, click ‘Upload’ in the top right to complete creation of that voice’s information.
- After clicking ‘Upload’ it may minimize the voice and return you to the voice list. If that happens, click the voice to bring it back up.
- Either drag and drop your audio files into the labeled section, or use the ‘Browse’ button to search for them. Depending on the size of the files and your internet, the upload can take some time.
- You may find some issues getting files to upload at this stage (e.g. only 1 of multiple files are uploading). If this happens, close your browser and navigate back to the website.
- Once all the audio is uploaded, click the “Build” button and your voice will be placed into the queue to be built.
- If nothing happens when you hit “Build”, close the browser and go back and try again. Sometimes the status won’t change and other times you need to navigate back. Either way this ensures the build has started.
- You will receive an email once the voice is finished building. Most voices will finish building within a few days.
- If your voice does not finish building in 2 days, post in the #Support channel and tag a mod or developer who should be able to help.