If you want to create your own voice, you’ll ideally need at least 15 minutes of clean, high quality audio. For best results, this audio should be mono channel, 44.1Hz, 16-bit, and .wav format.
This audio should ideally have a single voice, and as little background noise (including music) as possible.
Additionally, similar to other voices, once the voice is built you will need 4600 credits to unlock it.
This is because you are using credits for the computing power needed to train the built voice against your own voice.
Steps to create a voice:
- Navigate to the Voice Universe: https://voice.ai/voice-universe
- Click the ‘Upload Voice’ tab
- Click the purple plus labeled ‘Add yours’
- Add a name for the voice, the language of the audio source, a category, an avatar, and any relevant tags. Additionally, select if you’d like this voice to be public or private.
- Private voices are only usable by you while public voices are available to all users.
- Once that data is entered, click ‘Upload’ in the top right to complete creation of that voice’s information
- After clicking ‘Upload’ it may minimize the voice and return you to the voice list. If that happens, click the voice to bring it back up
- Either drag and drop your audio files into the labeled section, or use the ‘Browse’ button to search for them. Depending on the size of the files and your internet, the upload can take some time
- You may find some issues getting files to upload at this stage (e.g. only 1 of multiple files are uploading). If this happens, close your browser and navigate back to the website.
- Once all the audio is uploaded, click the “Build” button and your voice will be placed into the queue to be built.
- If nothing happens when you hit “Build”, close the browser and go back and try again. Sometimes the status won’t change and other times you need to navigate back. Either way this ensures the build has started.
- You will receive an email once the voice is finished building. Most voices will finish building within a few days.
- If your voice does not finish building in 2 days, post in the #Support channel and tag a mod or developer who should be able to help.
I have created my voice but how do I use it now?
Download Voice.ai windows software and you should be able to see it under My Voices.
This information would be very useful to have on the site for users to see when they're trying to upload files. I already uploaded a ton of .ogg stereo files so now I wanna go back and convert them to fit these specifics to see what kind of difference it makes.
Does it matter what types of audio files you use for the voice you upload?
Can I use .ogg, .wav, .m4a and .mp3 files for instance?
Or are some of them not supported?
What should the 15 minutes of audio be of ideally? A specific script or literally just anything?
Please sign in to leave a comment.